PD-CPOV-1 Capture POV Camera Clip
Capture® POV Camera Clip is the most versatile action camera mount ever created.
The Capture POV (Point of View) Camera Clip lets you mount GoPro®, Sony® ActionCam, Contour® and other action cameras directly on a backpack or strap. With an ultra-light, streamlined design, and quick release button with safety lock, this also works well with point-and-shoot cameras. The aluminum and glass-reinforced nylon construction of the Capture POV Camera Clip makes it incredibly strong and durable.
WHAT IS CAPTURE®?
The Capture® Camera Clip System rigidly holds your camera to any strap or belt, keeping it secure and accessible during any physical activity, so you can take your DSLR camera everywhere.
Capture® is an aluminium clip that will forever change the way you shoot. It lets you carry your DSLR, compact, or POV camera, with lens attached, directly on any backpack strap or belt. It holds your camera rigidly, allowing you to be physically active without your camera swinging and swaying.
While this eliminates the need for a neck strap, sling, holster you may like to use it in conjunction with the Leash or Cuff.
HOW CAPTURE® WORKS:
Screw the quick release plate into the tripod mount on your point-and-shoot camera using an Allen key or attach the POV plate to the 'J' arm and POV housing.
Clamp the aluminium clip around any backpack, strap or belt - up to 7.6cm (3") wide - using two hand-tightened bolts.
Slide your POV or point-and-shoot camera plate into the clip. Your camera locks into place, keeping it secure as you move around. Access your camera instantly by pressing the quick-release button.
WHY IS CAPTURE® BETTER?
Capture is the most versatile camera carrying solution ever created - it attaches to any belt, backpack, messenger bag, climbing harness, baby carrier and more. Unlike straps, Capture holds your camera rigidly, allowing you to do extreme activities without your camera swinging into harm’s way. All that in a sleek little package that is smaller and lighter than an iPhone.
- Mount POV cameras (such as the GoPro®, Sony® ActionCam, Contour®) and point-and-shoot cameras
- Attaches to any strap, belt, backpack, baby carrier, climbing harness, life vests, ski boots and any piece of gear with a strap on it: Works with straps up to 7.6 cm (3”) wide & 1.3 cm (0.5”) thick
- Low profile & discreet - unlike chest & helmet mounts, Capture POV Camera Clip holds your camera close to your body
- Full pan & tilt - position your camera however you want, even upside down, so you can get better angles and shots
- Ultra smooth video - includes a stabilising pad and a locking clamp to ensure smooth POV video
- Uber fast & strong: quick-release locking action allows your camera to be released at the press of a button. Your camera is returned securely to the clip with just one click. The lock withstands over 200 lbs of force (around 90kg of force)
- Button safety lock: Extra security for extreme activities & theft prevention
- Plate lock: clamp your camera or POV device firmly in place when you need complete rigidity
- Ultralight, Ultra-Durable: Weatherproof powdercoated aluminium construction with glass-filled nylon backplate & mounting arms
CAPTURE POV CAMERA PLATE IS ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH THE PEAK DESIGN PRO PLATES
PRO PLATE KEY FEATURES:
- D-ring for sling strap compatibility: load-bearing D-ring screw lets you attach sling straps like Leash or other brand straps (whilst the Standard plate has a coin/hex-drive screw only)
- Hand Strap compatibility: each Pro Plate has at least 1 hand strap loop to you can use this in conjunction with Capture – the Cuff works really well with this. ARCAplate has 4 hand strap loops, DUALplate & MICROplate have 2 hand strap loops
- Non-twist padding: special padding molds to the micro-contours on the base of your camera, preventing twisting
- Pro plates are machined and anodized, (whilst the Standard plates are die-cast and powder coated aluminium)
WHO IS CAPTURE® FOR?
Any camera owner who is on their feet when they are shooting; From pros like journalists and wedding photographers to hobbyists that enjoy activities like hiking, skiing, climbing and motorcycling, Capture is a revolutionary solution to a universal pain-point.
Here are some key activities where Capture can really make a difference…
- Hiking & Trekking
- Travel & Backpacking
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Parenting & Toddler-wrangling (aka lugging your camera and your kids around at the same time)
- Studio Photography (multiple Capture units let you carry multiple camera bodies)
- Photo-walks & Education
- Sports Photography
- Wedding Photography
- Live Music Photography
- Military Photography
- Diving (Capture works with any camera, including underwater ones)
- Rock Climbing
- Paddling & Portaging
Included with the Capture® POV Camera Clip:
- x1 Capture® Camera Clip (base unit)
- x1 Adaptor plate - to attach the J-arm or the point-and-shoot plate
- x1 J-arm - to mount GoPro®, Sony® ActionCam, Contour® - providing horizontal and vertical adjustability
- x1 Point and shoot plate
- x2 Connecting Bolts to hold either the J-arm or point-and-shoot plate
- x1 Allows you to tightly clamp down your bolts for extra bumpy rides. Also it opens beer bottles!
- x1 Stabiliser Pad - sits behind the Capture Clip and helps you capture smoother video
- x2 Long Clamping Bolts - these replace Capture's standard clamping bolts when using the Stabiliser Pad
- x1 4mm hex wrench (for secure plate installation)
- Camera Capture Clip (closed): 10.4 cm (4.1”) x 5.2 cm (2.05”) x 2.8 cm (1.1”)
- Camera Capture Clip weight: 100 g
- Aluminium construction with glass-filled nylon backplate
- Peak Design’s goal was to create a product with such enduring utility and durability that it will never find a landfill…or even a recycling centre (though all parts are recyclable). It is their opinion that garbage stinks.